Monday, July 23, 2007

Google Maps/Google Earth

Found a satellite shot of my house from far, far away. Zoomed in as close as I could get, and couldn't make out much except to notice that it was an older shot before the addition was built on.

I'm a big fan of Google Maps and use it to get directions and to find distances to new destinations. Really interesting maps are featured on this website and was mostly impressed with America's highway: oral histories of Route 66.

Looked through the Gmaps directory, the online mapping mashups guide and found Favorite Run, a great tool to use when mapping out running routes on established streets and roads, but not so handy for Equinox Marathon training since a lot of the course is on trails.

I got airsick flying in Google Earth! Traveled to more places in 20 minutes than I will fit into my whole life while playing on this website.

No comments: